Do you find yourself not wanting to leave? Here is some relocation information about Fort Collins to feed your curiosity.
If you’ve fallen head over heels for Fort Collins don’t worry because you’re not the only one. Over the years Fort Collins has been named best place to live, best place to raise a family, and best college town for a vacation. In addition to being a wonderful destination to visit, Fort Collins is also an amazing place to call home. With many major employers, hundreds of miles of trails, an award-winning public school system, a thriving dining and nightlife scene, and higher education options, Fort Collins is easily a community you’ll want to be part of!
- 164,207 and growing (taken in 2005)
- 5,003 ft.
- 60.3 miles North of Denver, CO and 46 miles South of Cheyenne, WY
- City Nicknames:
- The Choice City, Fort Fun
- Growth Rate:
- Approximately 3% per year
- Colorado State University
- Average Median Family Income:
- Major Employers:
- Colorado State University, Poudre School District, Hewlett Packard, UC Health, Banner Health, Larimer County, Agilent Technologies, City of Fort Collins, Woodward and Advanced Energy.
- 50 Parks within the City
- 35 miles of trails, that includes paved and unpaved walking and bike trails.
- 3 city golf courses
- Two marathons are held here each year
Fort Collins is located just minutes from the Cache la Poudre River Canyon which provides great hiking, mountain biking, horseback riding, kayaking, fishing and whitewater rafting opportunities.
Authentic to Fort Collins
About Fort Collins
Situated at the foothills of the Rocky Mountains, Fort Collins is home to fabulous recreational opportunities, diverse cultural attractions, a vibrant nightlife scene and family fun.Learn More
Fort Collins is sectioned off by specific neighborhoods, most notably North Fort Collins, which encompasses Downtown, Midtown and South Fort Collins.Learn More
Whether you’re trying to get to and from the airport or just across town, there are many solutions available to get you where you need to go in and around Fort Collins. Bicycling is big here!...Learn More
Looking for city info or a friendly staff member to help you find what you need while planning your next trip or meeting in Fort Collins? In town? Stop by our Visitor's Center to help you find...Learn More