Biking is a great way to get to know Fort Collins. With relatively flat terrain, wide bike lanes, and trails that follow the Poudre River and Spring Creek, biking is a fun, healthy, and environmentally friendly way to recreate. Whether you’re exploring Fort Collins’ 285-plus miles of trails or biking in the mountains, climbing and ascending through the awe-inspiring landscape, you’ll understand why Fort Collins has been named a platinum level bike-friendly city. One trip to Downtown or the local breweries and you’ll see more bikes than cars on the road. Head five miles west to Lory State Park or Horsetooth Mountain Open Space to find mountain biking trails for all skill levels. Visit the City of Fort Collins Natural Areas for information on riding the foothills trails.
Fort Collins offers a Bike Share program which is a public transportation program that includes a network of bicycles for short-term use. The Bike Share program is a collaboration of Bike Fort Collins, FC Bikes, Zagster, Transfort, and a number of local business sponsors. A variety of self-guided tours is offered, from the “Bike the Sites” collection, including the Brewery Tour, Environmental Learning Tour, and the Historic Homes Tour. The Bike Share Hub is located in the Downtown Transit Center. For more information, please visit www.bikefortcollins.org. Additionally, Fort Collins is home to many bicycling non-profit organizations.
All About the Fort Collins Bike Share
1. The Fort Collins Bike Library has gotten a facelift.
- The City of Fort Collins and Bike Fort Collins, the same team behind the former Fort Collins Bike Library, have partnered with Zagster to launch Fort Collins Bike Share. Fort Collins residents and guests may now check out a bike on-demand, 24/7, using their phone.
- No phone? No problem. Visit the Bike Share Hub (formerly the Bike Library) inside the Downtown Transit Center M-F, 9am-1pm, and we’ll make sure you get a bike.
- Are you a novice cyclist or are you unfamiliar with Fort Collins? At the Hub we will help you with personalized assistance using the new system, trip planning, information on cycling safety, & rules of the road.
- Helmets are available for purchase for only $5.
3. Current Station Map, Fees, Rental Instructions (also viewable on the Zagster app)
Please Visit Our YouTube Page for Future Videos