The 1883 Water Works Open House
- Presented By: Poudre Landmarks Foundation
- Dates: 6/10/2023, 7/8/2023, 8/12/2023, 9/9/2023, 10/14/2023
- Location: 1883 Water Works
- 2005 N Overland Trail, Fort Collins
- Fort Collins, CO 80521
- Time: 10:00 AM to 3:00 PM
- Price: FREE
Tour the 1883 Fort Collins Water Works during the FREE monthly open houses on select Saturdays this summer.
Built 1882–1883, Fort Collins’ first public works includes 23 acres, four buildings, and two historic irrigation ditches. This fascinating historical site is open to the public to learn about the history of water development and use in Fort Collins. Tour guides offer insights into the architecture and construction of the buildings as well as the engineering of the turbines, pumps, and filter system.