Whether you’re planning a staycation or are on a leisurely trip to Fort Collins with a significant other, we have the most romantic suggestions for how to spend your precious date experiencing the wonders of la vie en rose in our city.
For overnight accommodations, make sure to check out our lodging options found here as well as the romantic specials and packages offered at The Elizabeth Hotel, Edwards House Inn, and The Armstrong Hotel.
Experience a Fort Collins Sunset
Begin your evening catching a beautiful sunset in Fort Collins. Below are a few of our suggestions for top spots to catch a stunning sunset in and around Fort Collins:
- Watch the Sunset over Horsetooth Reservoir: This classic Fort Collins spot with exceptional views is especially romantic when the sunsets. Take a seat and be mesmerized by vanilla and orange cream skies melting into the reservoir against the western mountainscape.
- Take in the Views from Atop at The Sunset Lounge: This sophisticated rooftop lounge offers unparalleled views of Downtown Fort Collins and is a perfect spot to watch the sunset.
Bonding Activities for Two
Learn a New Skill Together
- Cooking: Ginger and Baker’s Teaching Kitchen offers interesting cooking skills classes teaching you how to make their classic pot pies and so much more. Check their class schedule here.
- Pottery: Take a pottery class at Smokestack Pottery and learn how to handcraft functional art.
- If playful competition and arcade games are more up your alley, Pinball Jones provides arcade classics like pinball, Pacman, car racing, air hockey, skeeball, and more!
- If bowling and live music are more your speed, then you need to plan a stop at 830 North for your date night. Live on The Lanes is 830 North’s music concert series performed live with the option to bowl. See their calendar and get tickets here.
Escape To Somewhere Secret
Working together to solve a puzzle and “the greatest mystery in Fort Collins” found inside The Somewhere Secret Escape Room is a sure way to bond. This room located in Old Town Fort Collins is the highest-rated escape room in Colorado, and that’s for good reasons! Take the challenge and participate in this adventure with your partner.Address: 222 Walnut St, Fort Collins, CO 80524
Share Small Bites and Tea at an Elegant High Tea
The brand new High Tea offered at The Sunset Lounge at The Elizabeth Hotel is a perfect opportunity for a pair to spend quality time while being waited on with local tea from Happy Lucky Teahouse and sandwiches, scones, and desserts all while listening to live piano music in the sophisticated rooftop lounge.Address: 111 Chestnut St, Fort Collins, CO 80524
Stroll Around Downtown Fort Collins
With plenty of boutique shopping options and cute little cafes to check out, Downtown Fort Collins is a splendid area to stroll down and take in with your date.
Indulge in a Sensational Dinner
Delightful dinner spots are abundant in Fort Collins, though these recommendations below were picked for their uniquely cozy, mood-lit romantic ambiance:
- Sonny Lubick Steakhouse: Take a flight of stairs down to a cozy, intimate setting to be served up a menu of delicious offerings like juicy and shareable bone-in ribeye, tenderloin medallions, or sea scallops on a bed of sweet potato mash and shaved brussel sprouts.
- Domenic's Bistro and Wine Bar: Domenic's is a south Fort Collins swanky eatery perfect for special occasions like a romantic date night with delectable Italian-inspired entrees plus creative cocktails.
- Rare Italian: Rare specializes in delicious handmade pasta and gourmet, locally sourced steaks that pop with flavor thanks to a unique dry-aging technique that helps enhance the natural flavors and make the steaks more tender. The restaurant’s dim interior mood lighting certainly helps set the romantic feel of a dinner worthy of a special date night.
Treat Yourselves to Tasteful Cocktails
After dinner, sip on artfully crafted cocktails or mocktails. Fort Collins takes the liquid arts to a new level with its eclectic bar and lounge offerings:
- Social: Take your love to a different era – an era characterized by the bold, festive, uplifting sounds of big band, jazz, blues, and swing. Make your way to Old Town Square and walk down the stairs to enter the fascinating world of this Fort Collins classic speakeasy.
- Ace Gilett’s: Forget about the day’s worries and escape to a cosmopolitan lounge reminiscent of world-renowned New York jazz clubs. Gourmet small plates, specialty handcrafted cocktails, and live music await.
- Elliot’s Martini Bar: Upbeat, lively, and an atmosphere designed to inspire connection and playfulness can be found at Elliot’s. And of course – the beverages will never disappoint.
- The Sunset Lounge: Savor the finest drinks with an unrivaled rooftop view from high above of Downtown Fort Collins at the Sunset Lounge. The live jazz performed every Wednesday through Saturday from 8 - 10 p.m. contributes to creating a relaxed and sophisticated ambiance.
Get Your Tickets to a Live Show
Fort Collins music, theater, and comedy are thriving. The Lincoln Center offers a wide array of shows from musicians, inspirational speakers, to theatrical and dance performances that you can pick from here, while The Fort Collins Symphony puts on regular orchestral music shows. Bas Bleu Theater and OpenStage Theatre & Company additionally put on excellent performances throughout the year. Don't forget about The Comedy Fort to watch talented nationally renowned comedians light up the stage and club with laughter.