Close proximity to the majestic Rocky Mountains, a vibrant downtown, a thriving arts and culture scene and progressive sustainability practices are just some of the reasons that boost Fort Collins to the top of many “best of” lists.
The minute you set foot in this college town of 150,000 people, you’ll know you’re in one of the best kept secrets in America.
While you’re here, take a plunge in the only nationally designated “Wild & Scenic” river; the Cache la Poudre. Class II, III, and IV rapids will greet you May thru August. If you happen to miss that window of opportunity, no worries, there is much more to do and see in Fort Collins.
Hop on a cruiser bicycle rented from the Fort Collins bike share program and explore the miles and miles of bike lanes and trails in this platinum-level bicycle community. Stay atop your cruiser and make your way around town to the 20 microbreweries that put Fort Collins on the map as Colorado’s brewing capital.
If that isn’t enough, you’ll find art and culture at every turn. The newly renovated Lincoln Center welcomes high caliber performances, as well as housing local theater and dance productions. Stroll down the tree-lined streets of Old Town and take in the facades that inspired Disneyland’s Main Street USA. You don’t have to take our word for how great Fort Collins is. These are just a few of the honors/recognition received this past year alone:
- No. 3 Best College Town to Live in Forever: College Ranker – Jul 2017
- 12th Best Midsize City for First-Time Home Buyers: WalletHub – Jul 2017
- 25 Best Towns Ever: Where to Live Now: Outside Magazine – Jun 2017
- No. 1 Stable and Growing Housing Market: Realtor.com – Jun 2017
- No. 156 Best City for Summer Travel with Families: lendedu – Apr 2017
- No. 186 Best City for Staying in Shape: lendedu – Apr 2017
- 16th Best Place to Live: Livability.com – Mar 2017
- 11th Happiest City in America: Yahoo! Finance – Mar 2017
- Top 100 Best Cities to Start a Family: lendedu – Feb 2017
- No. 9 Top 150 Cities for Millennials Report: Millennnial Personal Finance – Feb 2017
- No. 2 Best Cities for Small Business Owners: ValuePenguin – Feb 2017
- No. 17 Best Places to Buy a Forever Home: Good Call – Jan 2017
- No. 8 Best-Performing City: Milken Institute – Dec 2016
- Runner Friendly Community: Road Runners Club of America – Oct 2016
- No. 12 Best Midsize City in America for New College Graduates: – Aug 2016
- Best Recreational/Travel Map Design: Cartography and Geographic Information Society – Apr 2016
- No. 4 Happiest City in America: 24/7 Wall St. – Apr 2016
For a more extensive list of awards the city of Fort Collins has earned over the years please click HERE.
CSU parents, are you looking for punch list of things to do with your students when you come to visit Fort Collins? If so, you are in luck. CSU has its own page dedicated to the parents of its Rams. Below are the links to CSU’s parents’ page.