Close proximity to the majestic Rocky Mountains, a vibrant downtown, a thriving arts and culture scene and progressive sustainability practices are just some of the reasons that boost Fort Collins to the top of many “best of” lists.
The minute you set foot in this college town of 150,000 people, you’ll know you’re in one of the best kept secrets in America.
While you’re here, take a plunge in the only nationally designated “Wild & Scenic” river; the Cache la Poudre. Class II, III, and IV rapids will greet you May thru August. If you happen to miss that window of opportunity, no worries, there is much more to do and see in Fort Collins.
Hop on a cruiser bicycle rented from the Fort Collins bike share program and explore the miles and miles of bike lanes and trails in this platinum-level bicycle community. Stay atop your cruiser and make your way around town to the 20 microbreweries that put Fort Collins on the map as Colorado’s brewing capital.
If that isn’t enough, you’ll find art and culture at every turn. The newly renovated Lincoln Center welcomes high caliber performances, as well as housing local theater and dance productions. Stroll down the tree-lined streets of Old Town and take in the facades that inspired Disneyland’s Main Street USA. You don’t have to take our word for how great Fort Collins is. These are just a few of the honors/recognition received this past year alone:
- No. 13 Best Place to Live: Livability.com- Sept. 2015
- No. 4 Safest Drivers in America: Allstate Insurance Company- Sept. 2015
- No. 11 Healthiest Housing Market: WalletHub- Aug. 2015
- Top 10 Swim City in the US: USA Swimming- July 2015
- Ranked No. 4 Next Top 10 Cities for Tech Jobs: Fast Company- July 2015
- Top 20 Best Places for STEM Grads: NerdWallet- June 2015
- Ranked No. 9 of 2015’s “Top 10 Healthiest Cities”: Livability.com- April 2015
- Ranked No. 3 in College Ranker’s “50 Best College Towns to Live in Forever” list: College Ranker- March 2015
- Ranked No. 6 in NerdWallet’s “America’s Most Innovative Tech Hubs”: NerdWallet- Feb. 2015
For a more extensive list of awards the city of Fort Collins has earned over the years please click HERE.
CSU parents, are you looking for punch list of things to do with your students when you come to visit Fort Collins? If so, you are in luck. CSU has its own page dedicated to the parents of its Rams. Below are the links to CSU’s parents’ page.